Hi everyone! Here are some of the news from VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1:
Support for vSphere 8.0
- VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1 brings support for vSphere 8.0.
Support for NSX 184.108.40.206.
- VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1 brings support for NSX 220.127.116.11.
Solution Add-On Management
VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1 introduces several new concepts that facilitate creating, deploying, running, and managing extensions. Solution Add-Ons are an evolution of VMware Cloud Director extensions that are built, implemented, packaged, deployed, instantiated, and managed following a new extensibility framework. Solution add-ons contain custom functionality or services and can be built and packaged by a cloud provider or by an independent software vendor. VMware develops and publishes VMware Cloud Director Solution Add-Ons as well.
Embedded database upgraded to PostgreSQL 14
- The VMware Cloud Director appliance version 10.4.1 uses PostgreSQL 14 database.
- VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1 introduces IP Spaces, an improved IP address management service. IP spaces provide a structured approach to allocating public and private IP addresses across organizations with a specific focus on the provider (tier-0) gateway. IP spaces are designed to simplify the allocation and consumption of IP ranges and prefixes by preventing overlapping IP addresses across organizations or organization VDCs.
New Branding and Theming Experience
- VMware Cloud Director has a new UI and API where providers can create, manage, and assign themes for their tenants. The UI provides a live preview of the look and feel of the VMware Cloud Director Portal when changing the theming, branding, links, and menus. You can migrate the themes created with the old branding APIs.
VMware Cloud Director Starts the Deprecation Process for Local Users for Production Use
- Authentication for local users in VMware Cloud Director does not make use of modern authentication technologies, security best practices, and compliance requirements, such as password policies, 2FA, or MFA support. By using the VMware Cloud Director integration with external identity providers, you can take advantage of all existing and future advancements in the authentication technologies.
- To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware Cloud Director Documentation.
I hope it has been useful. For more information about the new and updated features of this release, see What’s New in VMware Cloud Director 10.4.1. See you next!